Posted March 26, 2020
(Photo Credit: @Mallory_pnw86)
The flowers are still blooming! Brighten up your home and support a Pike Place Market flower farmer during these unprecedented times.
Throughout our peak season, April to October the Market hosts 30-40 small flower farms each day selling fresh tulips, daffodils, dahlias, peonies and more. Many of our tulips farmers have been growing for 30 years. These are all small family farms locally growing in Snoqualmie Valley, Carnation, Fall City, Duval Woodinville, Monroe, Auburn and Kent.
With these businesses closed at Pike Place Market and other farmers markets across Western Washington shuttered through May, small family flower farmers need support.
Below are five ways you can purchase a bouquet and help keep family farms open.
Pick Up at Sosio’s Fruit & Produce
(Photo Credit: @kkbrumbaughweigelt)
Sosio’s Fruit & Produce teamed up with six Pike Place Market flower farmers to offer bouquets. Stop by Sosio’s stand in the main arcade for apples and artichokes, and now flowers! Bouquets are $25, with $10 going to the farmers and $15 to the Community Safety Net.
See the farm schedule:
- Monday - Hmong Highland Garden
- Tuesday - See Lee Farm
- Wednesday - Thao Farm
- Thursday - Lee Lor Garden
- Friday - Blong's Garden
- Saturday & Sunday - Woodinville Valley Farm
Pick Up At Piroshky Piroshky
- Piroshky Piroshky has partnered with New Garden to sell $15 flower bouquets. Order online at Piroshkybakery.com or call (206) 764-1000 for curbside pick-up at their Pike Place Market bakery.
Pick-Up at the Farm
Take a short drive and pick-up fresh flowers right from the source.
- Santos Farms
- Stop by the farm at 26307 W Valley Hwy N S, in Kent, WA. Open daily 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Sweet Blissful Blooms
- Call (425) 270-0981 to order ahead or stop by their farm at 4050 Fall City-Carnation Road Southeast, Fall City, WA. Open Tuesday - Sunday 10 a.m. - 7 p.m. (Closed on Mondays)
Santos Farms in Kent, Washington on March 19th. (Photo Credit: @foodmancing)
Pick Up in the University District
- Alm Hill Gardens