Sunday, October 20, 2019
|Raise Your GLASS: The Refract Closing Party|
|3:30 pm - 6:30 pm|
Raise your GLASS at Pike Place Market for the official Refract 2019 closing party.
Raise your GLASS is a free event at the new Pike Place MarketFront Glass Pavilion with incredible views of Puget Sound. Come enjoy live music from Seattle’s own electric swing band Good Co. and watch glassblowing and flame work demonstrations by Pike Place Market glass artists.
Plus, Janusz Poźniak from Netflix’s series Blown Away joins the party to celebrate and honor our Washington glass community.
Market Glass Artist Showcase Featuring:
- Tisbury Pringle-Ennis (Tisbury Art Glass)
- Isis Ray (Isis Ray Handmade Glass Beads)
- Gina Karaba (Karaba Art Glass)
- Kyle Kinsey (Fusion In Glass)
- Cindy Mounts (Glassy Productions)
- April Acevez Cameron (Vida Loca Glass Beads)
- David Contreras (DC Glass)
- Joshua Swanson and Motoko Hayashi (KOBO Art Garden)
- Michael Shaw (The Kaleidoscope Guy)
- Barbara Matteson (Gold-Glass)
Online sales for our glass themed food & wine tasting tickets are sold out. You can buy a ticket at the event for $25.
Illuminate your taste buds with a special ticket available for purchase that includes five wine pairings with glass inspired bites. Tickets are only $20!
You don’t want to miss the Refract Festival finale brought to you by Pike Place Market and the Washington State Wine Commission.
Tasting Ticket menu:
Asian Meatballs with Glass Noodles
Wine Pairing: Final, Final Efeste
"Stained Glass" Salad with Beets, Radishes, Sherry Vinaigrette
Wine Pairing: D2 DeLILLE Cellars
Shrimp Paper on Crushed "Glass" Ice
Wine Pairing: Mark Ryan The Vincent Chardonnay
Cunard under Glass - Duck Rillette with Reisling Gelee
Wine Pairing: Chateau Ste. Michelle Riesling
Variety of Truffles
Wine Pairing: Chateau St. Michelle Brut
*Taxes and fees not included in the ticket price. Credit card only at the door. No cash or checks will be accepted. Ticket increases to $25 at the door.
Schedule of Events
3:30 p.m. -- Raise Your GLASS: The Official Refract Closing Party begins
3:30 p.m. - 6 p.m.
- Live Music from Good Co.
- Rotating glassblowing & flamework demonstrations by Market artists at three work stations
- Market artists tables and products for sale
- Food & Wine Pairing -- Ticket required to participate in this portion. (Closes at 6:15 p.m.)
5:45 p.m. -- Don't miss the toast by Janusz Pozniak to celebrate the first year of Refract glass festival and our glass community!
6:30 p.m. -- Event concludes