For Market Merchants
Welcome to the Pike Place Market's Communication Center. We will update this page with information relevant to our Market merchants, vendors and entertainers.
- The Market Insider
- Co-op Advertising Program
- Small Business Workshops
- Operating & Capitol Budget Schedule
- Get Involved with our Fall Marketing Events
- Instagram Takeovers
- Alaskan Way Viaduct Removal
If you wish to receive the monthly newsletter called, The Market Insider click the button below.
We launched a new Facebook group targeting our locals. Click the button below to become a member.
The Market Insider:
Download and Print Event Calendars:
Co-op Advertising Program
Stretch your advertising dollars by participating in the PDA’s Co-op Advertising Program!
PDA commercial and daystall merchants in good standing who create, purchase and pay in full for individual advertising projects for their Market business in 2019 can be reimbursed 50% of their advertising cost, while funds remain.
- Daystall and Farm: Receive up to $350 annually
- Commercial: Receive up to $700 annually
Funds are available on a first-come, first-serve basis for tenants in good standing with the PDA. Qualifying paid advertisements only. If you have questions, please contact the PDA Marketing department.
Sign Up Today for Fall Small Business Workshops!
This Fall, the Pike Place Market PDA is offering seven classes designed to launch your business into 2019. These workshops can be taken as a series or by themselves. They are free for businesses within Pike Place Market.
Instructors: Pike Place Market PDA Marketing Team, Amy Wallsmith and Tanya Sinkovits.
- Tues, Sept 24th 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm Instagram Refresh - Complete
- Tues, Oct 1st 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm Facebook Level 1 (Beginner) - Complete
- Tues, Oct 8th 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm Facebook Level 2 (Intermediate)
Instructors: Ventures, a Seattle-based nonprofit that supports entrepreneurs at every stage of business.
- Tues, Oct 15th 5:30 pm - 8:00 pm Facebook Level 3 (Expert)
- Tues, Oct 29th 5:30 pm - 8:00 pm Email Marketing for the Holidays
- Tues, Nov 5th 5:30 pm - 8:00 pm Taxes for Small Businesses
- Tues, Nov 19th 5:30 pm - 8:00 pm Building a Brand
Meet the Market
Various Dates Sept thru Nov
This is a new residential building concierge program! The PDA is organizing pop-up markets at nine downtown apartment and condo buildings. The goal of these residential events is to showcase everything the Market has to offer and encourage them to get to their Market. Sign Me Up!
Saturday, Oct 26
Magic In the Market
Saturday, Nov 30
Tuesday, Dec 10
Take Over Our Instagram
The PDA's Instagram account is a great way to reach a wide audience for free. We have over 110,000 followers and our Instagram Stories traditionally get seen by 5,000 to 6,000 people.
Please read the rules and guidelines below, then click here to apply to Takeover Our Instagram Stories account.
- Be positive! Be creative! Show your personality while also showing off your brand and Pike Place Market.
- Show your day. Be real.
- Create memorable moments; interviews with coworkers and/or tips for the audience.
- Provide a unique experience.
- Use location and hashtag stickers to increase your discoverability.
- Use polls and questions to increase engagement.
- The PDA has final approval of photos and videos that get uploaded to our account.
Step 1: Apply here.
Step 2: We will review your application and reach out.
Alaskan Way Viaduct Removal and Beyond
- Interactive map showing demolition progress
- Project website with information about work hours, methods and schedule
- City of Seattle traffic map with street closures and traffic cameras
- 24/7 construction hotline: 1-888-298-5463