For Market Merchants
Welcome to the Pike Place Market's Communication Center. We will update this page with information relevant to our Market merchants, vendors and entertainers.
- The Market Insider
- Co-op Advertising Program
- Holiday Decorating Contest
- Instagram Takeovers
- Alaskan Way Viaduct Removal
If you wish to receive the monthly newsletter called, The Market Insider click the button below.
We launched a new Facebook group targeting our locals. Click the button below to become a member.
The Market Insider:
Download and Print Event Calendars:
Co-op Advertising Program
Stretch your advertising dollars by participating in the PDA’s Co-op Advertising Program!
PDA commercial and daystall merchants in good standing who create, purchase and pay in full for individual advertising projects for their Market business in 2019 can be reimbursed 50% of their advertising cost, while funds remain.
- Daystall and Farm: Receive up to $350 annually
- Commercial: Receive up to $700 annually
Funds are available on a first-come, first-serve basis for tenants in good standing with the PDA. Qualifying paid advertisements only. If you have questions, please contact the PDA Marketing department.
The PDA has announced a new holiday decorating contest! All Market businesses are welcome to participate. Help us make the Market come alive this holiday season by decorating your storefront or table in holiday theme. Participants will be entered to win a $100 gift card at participating Market eateries as well as be featured on the Pike Place Market website and social channels.
Voting will be done via social media and winners will be announced the Monday (Dec 23) before Christmas. Businesses that sign up to participate by Monday, December 9th will be given signage to let visitors know you are participating. Encourage your customers to vote for your storefront or table by direct messaging the Pike Place Market Instagram account, @PikePlacePublicMarket or taking a picture of your storefront or table with the hashtag #ppmholidaycontest.
For all Participants
- Participation is open to all PDA businesses within the boundaries of the Pike Place Market.
- Decoration budget should not exceed $250.
- Participants agree to have one or more photos of their decorated business exterior posted on the Pike Place Market website and/or social media platforms. Participant agrees there will be no compensation of any kind for said posting or publication.
- Decorations should not extend past your storefront or table.
- No items can be left on the floor, interfere with cleaning of common areas or intrude in front of neighboring businesses.
- Decorations cannot be stapled, nailed or duct taped to historic buildings.
- All displays must be temporary and removed by tenants.
- All displays must be safe, securely fastened and non-flammable
- Any permanent changes such as painting will not be permitted.
- For commercial businesses, decorations need to be visible from outside of the store, within public view.
- Be creative, be festive, have fun!
If you have any questions please reach out to your department contact:
Daystall – David Dickinson, DavidD@PikePlaceMarket.org
Commercial – Tabitha Kane, Tabitha.Kane@PikePlaceMarket.org
Farm – Zack Cook, ZackC@PikePlaceMarket.org
Marketing – Madison Bristol, Madison.Bristol@PikePlaceMarket.org