For Market Merchants
Welcome to the Pike Place Market's Communication Center. We will update this page with information relevant to our Market merchants, vendors and entertainers.
- The Market Insider
- Small Business Workshops
- Pop-Up Murals Are Back
- Co-op Advertising Program
- Instagram Takeovers
- Alaskan Way Viaduct Removal
If you wish to receive the monthly newsletter called, The Market Insider click the button below.
The Market Insider:
Download and Print Event Calendars:
Small Business Workshops:
Fall Workshops to be announced soon!
This fall, look for more small business workshops hosted by the Pike Place Market PDA.
Fall Mural Theme to be announced soon!
A special thank you to Jennifer Cullin, Stacey Sterling, Brooke Westlund, Lauren Rudeck, Aaron Murray, Rachael Jobe Cuba, Alex Achaval and Kate Endle for creating such beautiful murals for the 11th Annual Flower Festival and Mom's Market Day.
The PDA will be doing another round of murals in the Fall and we encourage all Market tenants and daystall permit holders to participate. This is a fantastic opportunity to showcase your talent and give Market goers a fun activity. More details to come!
- Applications must be submitted through our online portal by the fall deadline (TBA) and must include:
- A Mock Design for Review:
- Design proposals for mural and poster need to be close to the finished product.
- For mural designs, these designs should be interactive for passersby and intended to create amazing photos.
- Additional Information Needed Includes: Name, Bio, Business Name and Top Location Selections.
- A Mock Design for Review:
For any questions, please contact Madison Bristol, Madison.Bristol@PikePlaceMarket.org or call (206) 774-5259
Co-op Advertising Program
Stretch your advertising dollars by participating in the PDA’s Co-op Advertising Program!
PDA commercial and daystall merchants in good standing who create, purchase and pay in full for individual advertising projects for their Market business in 2019 can be reimbursed 50% of their advertising cost, while funds remain.
- Daystall and Farm: Receive up to $350 annually
- Commercial: Receive up to $700 annually
Funds are available on a first-come, first-serve basis for tenants in good standing with the PDA. Qualifying paid advertisements only. If you have questions, please contact the PDA Marketing department.
Take Over Our Instagram
We are no longer scheduling businesses to Takeover our Instagram Stories account at this time. You are welcome to apply below to be considered for the next round of applicants.
The PDA's Instagram account is a great way to reach a wide audience for free. We have almost 100,000 followers and our Instagram Stories traditionally get seen by 4,000 to 5,000 people.
Please read the rules and guidelines below, then click here to apply to Takeover Our Instagram Stories account.
- Be positive! Be creative! Show your personality while also showing off your brand and Pike Place Market.
- Show your day. Be real.
- Create memorable moments; interviews with coworkers and/or tips for the audience.
- Provide a unique experience.
- Use location and hashtag stickers to increase your discoverability.
- Use polls and questions to increase engagement.
- The PDA has final approval of photos and videos that get uploaded to our account.
The schedule is FULL. You are welcome to apply below to be considered for the next round of applicants.
Step 1: Apply here.
Step 2: We will review your application and reach out.
Alaskan Way Viaduct Removal and Beyond
UPDATE: The Alaskan Way entrance to the Market Parking Garage is now open. Vehicles may enter and exit from 1530 Alaskan Way, 1531 Western Avenue and 1901 Western Avenue.
NEW Wayfinding Signage: Pedistrian Detours in Place
The PDA has created new wayfinding signage for Pike Place Market visitors, helping them navigate between the Market and the waterfront. Signage will be in 27 locations including in all interior and exterior elevators.
Not receiving our emails? Let us know, fill out this form.
Helpful Links to more information:
- Interactive map showing demolition progress
- Project website with information about work hours, methods and schedule
- City of Seattle traffic map with street closures and traffic cameras
- 24/7 construction hotline: 1-888-298-5463