For Market Merchants
Welcome to the Pike Place Market's Communication Center. We will update this page with information relevant to our Market merchants, vendors and entertainers.
- The Market Insider
- Co-op Advertising Program
- Pop-Up Murals Are Back
- Small Business Workshops
- Instagram Takeovers
- Alaskan Way Viaduct Removal
If you wish to receive the monthly newsletter called, The Market Insider click the button below.
The Market Insider:
Download and Print Event Calendars:
Co-op Advertising Program
Stretch your advertising dollars by participating in the PDA’s Co-op Advertising Program!
PDA commercial and daystall merchants in good standing who create, purchase and pay in full for individual advertising projects for their Market business in 2019 can be reimbursed 50% of their advertising cost, while funds remain.
- Daystall and Farm: Receive up to $350 annually
- Commercial: Receive up to $700 annually
Funds are available on a first-come, first-serve basis for tenants in good standing with the PDA. Qualifying paid advertisements only. If you have questions, please contact the PDA Marketing department.
Fall Interactive Pop-Up Mural Applications are Open!
Design Submission Deadline: August 31st
Announcing our third round of pop up murals! The PDA will be reserving eight new spaces around the Market for artists to transform into interactive works of art. The pop-up mural series is a great opportunity to showcase your talent and get our community excited about Fall. All Market tenants are encouraged to submit a Pacific Northwest fall-themed design that will coincide with our upcoming Costumes on the Cobblestones during Harvest Festival. Designs should capture the spirit of the Market during the Autumn season think wine, vegetables, locally sourced, pumpkins, cider, etc.
Submissions need to be nearly complete designs that are interactive. To increase community engagement, it’s important that passersby can easily identify how to engage with the murals. After the August 31st submission deadline, the PDA will also be working with selected artists to help utilize their assigned space to get the most engagement.
Final selections will be based on the quality of the overall design concept and level of suggested interactive activity.
Examples of interactive murals from around the world:
Selected artists will also receive $400, and their murals will be on display from October 14th till November 30th.
August 31: Designs due
September 13: Artists announced
September 13-30: PDA and artists work together on finalizing designs
October 14-24: Painting period
October 26: Costumes on the Cobblestone
*Important to Note
- For the DownUnder Level 3 location the design should be interactive from a participant’s waist down.
- Any location that appears to have items on the wall, these walls will be cleared by the October paint period.
- Applications must be submitted through our online portal by August 31st and must include:
- A Mock Design for Review:
- Design proposals need to be close to the finished product.
- These designs should be interactive for passersby and intended to create amazing photos.
- Additional Information Needed Includes: Name, Bio, Business Name and Top Location Selections.
- A Mock Design for Review:
Small Business Workshops:
Fall Workshops to be announced soon!
This fall, look for more small business workshops hosted by the Pike Place Market PDA.
Take Over Our Instagram
The PDA's Instagram account is a great way to reach a wide audience for free. We have over 110,000 followers and our Instagram Stories traditionally get seen by 5,000 to 6,000 people.
Please read the rules and guidelines below, then click here to apply to Takeover Our Instagram Stories account.
- Be positive! Be creative! Show your personality while also showing off your brand and Pike Place Market.
- Show your day. Be real.
- Create memorable moments; interviews with coworkers and/or tips for the audience.
- Provide a unique experience.
- Use location and hashtag stickers to increase your discoverability.
- Use polls and questions to increase engagement.
- The PDA has final approval of photos and videos that get uploaded to our account.
Step 1: Apply here.
Step 2: We will review your application and reach out.
Alaskan Way Viaduct Removal and Beyond
- Interactive map showing demolition progress
- Project website with information about work hours, methods and schedule
- City of Seattle traffic map with street closures and traffic cameras
- 24/7 construction hotline: 1-888-298-5463