SPINACH AND MUSHROOM PIZZA from Mt. Townsend Creamery
Make your own homemade artisan pizza with ingredients from around Pike Place Market: farm fresh produce, local small batch Olympic Peninsula cheese, and house-made pizza dough from DeLaurenti Specialty Food & Wine. The frozen dough takes about two hours to thaw—cook it today or let it rise overnight.
1 recipe or package of pizza dough
2 cups fresh spinach, chopped and patted dry
1 cup mushrooms, sliced
1 tomato, sliced
1 8 ounce tub Mt. Townsend Creamery Fromage Blanc (original or truffle)
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
2. Roll out dough and place on a 12" pan.
3. Spread tomato, spinach, and mushroom over the dough. Top with an even layer of cheese.
4. Bake 15-20 minutes (or follow dough instructions) until the crust is lightly browned.
5. Spread tomato, spinach, and mushroom over the dough. Top with an even layer of cheese.
6. Bake 15-20 minutes (or follow dough instructions) until the crust is lightly browned.
Find fresh veggies on the farm tables on Pike Place. Shop for frozen pizza dough at DeLaurenti Specialty Food & Wine and visit Mt. Townsend Creamery for Fromage Blanc. Both stores are located in the Economy Market.