Thanksgiving is right around the corner. If you're searching for a new dish to serve to your guests or bring to a Turkey Day celebration, look no further. Our Pike Place Stuffing recipe checks all the boxes: delicious, easy and sourced from local Market businesses.
1 stick unsalted butter from The Pike Place Market Creamery
1 loaf Le Panier Champagne bread, cubed
1 pound Don and Joe’s bulk pork sausage
1 ½ cups celery, diced
1 ½ cups carrots, diced
1 ½ cups onions, diced
1 pound mushrooms, quartered (shop for veggies from Market highstalls)
1 tablespoon MarketSpice Sabzi Polo dried herb mix
2 tablespoons MarketSpice poultry seasoning
3 cups chicken or turkey stock
1. Preheat oven to 375°. Grease a large casserole pan with 1 tablespoon of butter. Set aside.
2. Spread cubed bread on a baking sheet and toast until lightly browned and crisp, about 20 minutes.
3. In a deep skillet, melt the remaining butter over medium heat. Add the diced vegetables and sauté until tender, about 15 minutes. Remove the vegetables from the pan and set aside. On high heat, brown the sausage until cooked through, about 6 minutes. Add the vegetables back to the pan with the sausage. Add the spice mix and stir to incorporate. Adjust salt and pepper as needed.
4. Add 1 cup of stock to the pan, scraping the browned bits on the bottom. Stir until the liquid is nearly evaporated. Scrape the sausage mixture into a large bowl. Add the toasted bread cubes. Add the remaining 2 cups of stock and stir gently until bread is coated evenly.
5. Bake stuffing in preheated oven for one hour, or until the top is lightly browned and crisp. Let the stuffing sit for 10 minutes before serving.
As always, we're incredibly thankful for YOU and our community of steadfast Market enthusiasts! Thank you for shopping local and supporting Market businesses year-round.