Public Market Garage
Parking at Pike Place Market
The Public Market Parking Garage at 1531 Western Ave, Seattle, WA 98101 is the most convenient and affordable option for parking at Pike Place Market. The garage provides convenient access to the Market via elevator and sky bridge.
5 a.m.- 2 a.m. daily
- 0 - 1 hour: $3.00
- 1 - 2 hours: $6.00
- 2 - 3 hours: $9.00
- 3 - 4 hours: $12.00
- 4 - 10 hours: $30.00
- 10 - 24 hours: $40.00
- Evening Rate: Park after 5:00 pm for our special $5 evening rate, Monday - Saturday. There is no evening rate on Sunday. To qualify, enter after 5 pm and leave before 2 am.
- Lost Ticket Rate: $40
- The garage does not offer monthly parking at this time.
Entrances & Exits
- Enter the garage at 1531 Western Ave or from 1530 Alaskan Way, near the Seattle Aquarium. From Alaskan Way, follow the blue “Public Market/Parking” sign beneath the Alaskan Way viaduct and into the garage.
- The garage has three exits: two to Western Ave and one to Alaskan Way.
Notice of Special Event and Impacts:
Pedestrian and Traffic Impacts Friday, August 14 for Sunset Supper
Sunset Supper takes place the evening of Friday, August 14. This annual Market Foundation party/food event raises funds critical to the Market's social service agencies. The event takes place in the Market's North Arcade and on Pike Place, the street that runs through the Market. The following impacts will take place:
- At 10 a.m., the First & Pike entrance will be closed to vehicles. We suggest driving directly to our parking garage entrance at 1531 Western Avenue.
- Pedestrian access on the cobblestone street Pike Place will be limited while large tents and a stage are set up. Sidewalks on the west side of Pike Place will remain open until 6 p.m.
- Craftspeople and farmers will close early for the event at 3:30 pm, and the North Arcade will be closed to shoppers at that time.
- At 6 pm, access to the North Arcade, the ramp to the Lower Levels, and Pike Place (the cobblestone street running through the Market) will be closed from Pine Street to Virginia Street, including sidewalk access in these blocks, and remain closed until after the event. During this time, pedestrians may enter the Market from the north end by walking uphill on Virginia to Post Alley or to First Avenue. Turn right and walk south to enter the Market.
Sunset Supper at the Market takes place from 7:30 - 11 p.m. For information and tickets, please visit www.pikeplacemarketfoundation.org/sunset-supper-at-pike-place-market/
Construction Impacts on Western Avenue
Beginning in June 2015, Pike Place Market is expanding with the MarketFront, a mixed-use project located on Western Avenue, to the west of the traditional Market. The Market is open for business and will not be greatly impacted by the MarketFront construction.
Construction impacts are as follows:
The west sidewalk and parking lane, as well as the existing southbound drive lane, will be closed for construction through November 2016. A new southbound traffic lane will be established and maintained for the duration of the project. For more information, please see the Sellen Construction project website for up to date construction news and updates: http://www.sellen.com/marketfront/
Other Garage Details
- The Public Market Parking Garage is monitored by Market Security 24 hours a day. The PDA is not responsible for lost or stolen items. Secure all valuables before leaving your vehicle.
- Parking Garage clearance is 6 ft. 8 in.
- For more information on the parking garage, call: 206.774.5237.