Pike Place Market is an internationally recognized public market and nine-acre historic district in the heart of downtown Seattle. The Market is directed by charter to increase opportunities for farm and food retailing and to support small businesses within the historic district.
The Market is proud to be the home of more than 200 independently owned and operated food and retail businesses. Since its founding in 1907, many independent business owners have opened their first store within the Market and found great success within and beyond the Market.
How to Lease Commercial Space
- View the current listings to identify a suitable location for your business or sign up for our Commercial Property mailing list to receive information on newly listed spaces.
- Fill out the Commercial Space Application [PDF]. Applications are kept on file for 12 months.
- Please note: For those who wish to sell products at the Market by the day, as either a farmer or a craftsperson, please see the Become a Farmer or For Craftspeople pages.
- Listings available will be updated soon.
- The current listings document includes both spaces for lease and businesses for sale.
- Typical leases begin with a period of one to three years, but may be longer to accommodate significant tenant investment into a space.
- Lease terms are at the sole discretion of the Pike Place Market Preservation and Development Authority (PDA). Rent is structured according to location, space size and use within the Market.
- As part of the Pike Place Market Historic District, all prospective tenants are subject to the Market Historical Guidelines administered by the City of Seattle.
Businesses with multiple retail locations (two or more) are discouraged. However, after opening a business in the Market, businesses can expand to additional retail locations. Please note that this does not preclude wholesalers from applying for a retail space. Retail chains and franchises need not apply.
To request a paper application or for more information contact:
Preservation and Development Authority
Commercial Leasing Office